Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thankful...and kinda sad







These last two weeks my heart has been aching for MN....funny huh?  It used to ache for MT and now I have two places that make my heart ache!  I miss my friends, I miss my amazing neighbors, I miss our playdates with 16 kids (because we were all awsome and decided to get pregnant at the same time), I miss the fall colors and even raking the leaves, I miss owning my house even if it was teeny tiny, it was mine and I loved it, I miss all the parks, I miss the zoo....like every week, I miss my co-workers and my patients.  I am thankful for a great job here (even though it is very very different).  I am thankful for so many quick friends here in Boise, but miss the easy, comfortable friendships in MN.  I posted a picture on my work website the other day....We all have to have Bios.  Most people post a headshot taken up against a plain wall.   Mine...I posted a picture that DeeDee took of me last year at an apple orchard.  There I am standing below a sign that says FRUIT LOOP and pointing to myself.  I feel silly posting it on a professional website....but this is internal and I want people to know this is me, a total dork!  I can't wait to have easy comfortable friendships again.  I am thankful for outdoor opprotunities, thankful to be closer to my family, thankful for a normal schedule, thankful for a healthy family...I am thankful, just missing my old life.  Here are some cute pics from Pumpkin picking with a good friend from High school this last weekend...I am thankful and blessed.

5 comments:

Naomi said...

Hugs to you Erin! We miss you too--come visit soon, k? Love the photos! :)

Danica said...

Oh Erin! MN misses you too! I miss your smiling face popping around the corner every now and then :) And I'm thankful for blogging so we can keep up :)

DeeDee said...

Hahaha...I remember the Fruit Loop Photo! That's why you are so awesome. We miss you so much too. Nash threatens to elope with Mckenna. I told him we will come visit you next summer on our way to MT. What I miss most of all....are your hilarious comments when you didn't think any parents were in SCN! Remember that? Miss you dearly, dear. :)

MD said...

We're missing you guys too, but Melissa and I always look forward to new pictures and stories on the blog.

Leslie said...

Hopefully the homesickness/ MN-sickness is long past, thought 10 years here and there are still times I long to be closer to home too. We definitely should get together again!